Sunday, January 29, 2006

A Few Days In The Life Of Nessie

It all starts on Jan 18th, 2006 as I arrive home from work at about 5:00 pm to find a large dog running around my yard. I did not think much of it until I was entering my home and the dog plowed his way in with me. He immediately sniffed out the cats and chased them through every room in the house. It was like a scene out of a movie, large dog chasing cats through the kitchen over the table and under the chairs with the cats hissing and scratching the whole time. The cats finally ended up in my closet and would not come out for about 3 hours. So now that the cats are out of the way, I try to remove the dog from my home, well that was not an easy task, but 20 minutes after I started, he was outside. Then I hear this big thud up against the front door, so I look out the door window and there is this dog with his big muddy paws pounding up against the door howling and trying to get in. He did this for about 15 minutes before he finally gave up. So now that the dog fiasco is over, dinner has been made, dishes are done, and showers are taken, I finally get to bed at about 9:30 just to be woken up at 10:30 pm by my teenager who just HAS to have some laundry done because it would kill her to not be able to wear that special something to school the next day. So I get up and put the laundry in the wash. 12:30 am comes around and the laundry needs to be dried, not a big deal, I can sleep walk and put clothes in the dryer. But nope it does not end there, at 1:30 am the Princess (teenager again) is screaming because snow has collected on the satellite dish and there is no picture (What the crap was she doing watching TV at 1:30 in the morning) So I have to go out and scrape of the dish, in my jammies! Yeah, so you think that it ends there, OH NO! At 3:00 am I hear the bird cage being rattled and look over to find Peety (my cat) over there tormenting the bird. I guess he was just picking on the bird because he was picked on by a big dog earlier that day. So I think that it just can't get any worse then this, but it does, Oh Yes, It Does! Just as I fall back asleep, my dog starts barking at who knows what, so I gave up on sleeping at all that night. I finally just get up at 6:00 in hopes that the new day would be better, but it wasn't. I get in the shower and start out by putting conditioner in my hair instead of shampoo, so I have to rinse it all out and start over. Then I get to work late and start my daily stuff just to print all of my paperwork to the wrong printer in another office.........AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
HHHH! Ok, so you would think that things would get better and maybe they did, but not much better. I get home that night and things went pretty good until I went to bed. I was all cozy and just getting warm when my stupid dog starts barking again, I have tried everything on the planet to try to train her not to bark at night, but she thinks she knows best and so she barked non-stop the entire night. Needless to say, I did not get any sleep again. I got to work the next day on time, but I got in trouble because I had apparently ignored a couple of customers by not e-mailing or contacting them about something that they got upset over.....OOPS : ) I think it is Friday by now, but I have probably lost track due the my lack of sleep. I finally got me some ear plugs and that seemed to help me sleep last night. So well will see what happens tonight, if I ever go to bed.