Monday, April 06, 2009

The dogs have conspired to kill me

I would think that because I am the only person in the house who feeds and plays with the dogs, they would be happy to see me in the morning. But, not this morning. They tried to kill me!

This morning when I went out to tie them up for feeding time, they ganged up on me and I did not even have the food with me yet.

They had a master plan that went something like this. They waited until I was between the house and the fence where I had little room to run. They then started circling me and getting in between my feet. I was knocked right out of my shoes onto all fours. All of the sudden I had doggy tungs, fur and paws all over me. I felt like a dead fish in pond full of starving Purana's. It took me about 5 min to crawl out from under them and get back on my feet.

Now thanks to the mutley crew, I have a sore ankle, tweaked back and a nicely bruised leg. If I was young and fit, this would not be a problem, but I am old and out of shape, so I ache all over.

I think the next time I go out to feed them, I will be warning full riot gear :)