Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I have figured out why old people are so mean.

For the longest time I could not understand why old people are so grumpy and mean. Now the older I get the more I understand.

Every day that goes by makes me a more angry and grumpy person. So I can now see why, by the time people get to be 70 years old, they have had enough of the stupid, idiot, jerk people of this world.

I have learned that if you are nice to people, they take advantage of and walk all over you. If you are not nice then you are considered to be a jerk. Where is the middle ground? I have not found it yet. So, I find it easier and better to just be a jerk. I am not sorry if that offends anyone.

A few cases in point for why I am so bitter toward the human race (these are just the ones that pissed me off the most, there are many others)

A few years ago my sister and I had just bought some food at a little local drive through. As we were going up the road we saw an older homeless man with a dog. The man was digging through the garbage picking out food items. Thinking we were being nice, we pulled over and offered him our food. He started yelling at us like I have never been yelled at before. I drove away in tears because I thought I was doing something nice, but I guess I was not. I have not and will not ever again offer food to anyone on the street. I won't even look at people that stand outside of Wal-Mart holding up signs that claim they are in need of help. I simply don't care.

One time I worked in a small craft store where we only ever had 2 people on a shift at any given time. We were only allowed 30 minutes from closing to get all of the money counted, get the store cleaned and get out. One night we had a customer come up to the door 10 minutes after closing, while we had all of the money out on the counter to be counted. Under NO circumstances are we to open the door when the money is out on the counter. But, this customer threw such a fit that my co-worker opened the door just enough to talk to her and let her know that we could not allow her into the store after closing and that we could not take any more sales because the register was already cashed out. The customer kept asking questions about a product. My co-worker went as far as to write down all of the sizes, prices and traced the items for sizing reference for this customer, she even went as far as to tell her where another craft store (close by) was that she could get that item at. Well, after 20 minutes of that the customer left. The next day my co-worker and I got in trouble because the customer called the home company and complained that we would not help her! I could not believe that someone would do that after we broke the rules to help her. We were not in trouble for opening the door, we were in trouble because we had an upset customer.

I have had friends who if you offer them one ride because their car is broken, they expect you to do whatever they want or need whenever they want or need something done. They don't care what my personal circumstances were. It was just all about them. If you give them 1 inch, they will expect 12 miles the next time around. I won't help anyone anymore.

Then yesterday the School Bus incident. Well, hat has pushed me over the edge. Never again will I give a crap about the convenience of another human being that I do not know or have any relation to.

I will just start by saying that Bridget goes to a school that is not in our boundaries or district, so I have to drop her off and pick her up every day. The school that is is attending is building a new school on the old parking lot.The parking lot they have now is not even big enough for the students to park in. So, I drop off an pick up Bridget next to the school doors, which I have been told by the principal is where I can do that.

A few weeks ago I was the ONLY car in along the side of the school. I parked where I did because I am suppose to park there and because that is where the buses DO NOT park. But, this one bus driver decided that she wanted to be a #*$&^ that day. She pulls up behind me and laid on the horn until I moved. She then parked right where I was. She has NEVER parked there before. She was just being a jerk. I let that one go. But I thought I was being nice by NOT parking where she normaly parks. I guess I was wrong on that one too.

But yesterday, this same driver pulled crap again. Here is how that went down.

I pulled in to the parking lot and parked where I HAD to because everything else is full.
A red car parked behind me. Then a full size bus goes by us just fine. Then Goat-Lover came along in her full size bus making a super wide turn to MAKE it so we were in her way.

She gets behind the red car, laid on the horn. He backs up, does some maneuvering and then starts to pull forward to move out of that spot and of her way, then she starts moving forward pining him between me and the bus. So, she finally stopped and let him get out. Then she moves even further to the right, coming so close to me that I had to back up and move further right (into the loose gravel). She then moves even closer to my car within about a half an inch (after I had already moved over) and stops right by my window (that was down) she laid on the horn and then started yelling at me. She then moves up to the next car and does the same thing to him and so on.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that it is a threat to hit my car and me when she purposely aims the bus at the car and comes within a half an inch of hitting it AFTER I have already moved out of her way AND I was not in her way in the first place. Plus we were not even near the corner that she had to turn on.

As I pointed out to the Principal, someone with that temperament SHOULD NOT BE DRIVING children around in a bus. I have demanded an apology and or more from the driver. To me it is assault when someone aims a vehicle at my car with the intention of "almost" hitting it and making me move just to come even closer after I have moved. Using her bus to show me that she is angry. That is a threat and as far as I am concerned that is assault.

The principal said that she would look over the surveillance video and see if she could find out what bus it was and who the driver is. I let them know that I will be calling the district every single day until something is done about this driver. And I intend to keep good on that!

I will no longer just sit here and let people shove crap down my throat just because they are having a bad hair day. NO MORE!